The objective of this workshop is to bring together mathematics educators and philosophers of mathematical practice to discuss topics lying at the crossroads of the two fields. The workshop is meant as an incentive for researchers from both fields to make a step towards the other one. It will also be the occasion to reflect more generally on the most beneficial ways for mathematics education and the philosophy of mathematical practice to interact.
The workshop will take place on June 12-14, 2023 at Loughborough University.
- Silvia De Toffoli (IUSS Pavia School for Advanced Studies)
- Colin Foster (Loughborough University)
- Karen François (Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
- Valeria Giardino (Institut Jean Nicod, CNRS)
- Yacin Hamami (ETH Zürich)
- Gila Hanna (University of Toronto)
- Matthew Inglis (Loughborough University)
- Brendan Larvor (University of Hertfordshire)
- Ellen Lehet (Lees-McRae College)
- Dirk Schlimm (McGill University)
- Nathalie Sinclair (Simon Fraser University)
- Fenner Tanswell (TU Berlin)
- Keith Weber (Rutgers University)
The program is available here.
The workshop will take place in Room SCH001 of the Schofield Building. Coffee and lunch breaks will be in the room opposite to it.
Online Attendance & Live Stream
The workshop will be streamed live on StreamYard here (recommended) and YouTube here.
The event is free but registration for online or physical attendance is mandatory. You can register here.
For any questions, please send an email to yacin dot hamami at uliege dot be or m dot j dot inglis at lboro dot ac dot uk.
Acknowledgement and Support
The workshop is funded by the Centre for Mathematical Cognition at Loughborough University. It is (non-financially) sponsored by the Association for the Philosophy of Mathematical Practice and the Chair Diversity of Mathematical Research Cultures and Practices at Universität Hamburg.